ANTICIPATED VACANCY NOTICE
POSITION AVAILABLE: MICROCOMPUTER TECHNICIAN-PROVISIONAL
The responsibilities of the Microcomputer Technicians are to assist with the daily functions of the Technology Office at Averill Park Central School District. That office is generally charged with the effective deployment of the Wide Area Network (WAN), Wireless Network and VOIP phone system that supports 5 schools, the District Office, the Business Office, and the Transportation Department.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
• The main responsibilities in this job description include:
• Provide support to Teachers and Administration for the entire district’s various software products, hardware issues and network connections. Support will be provided via telephone, remote management tools and in-person. Tracking of the support work will be done using helpdesk software.
• Devices (including but not limited to PC, Chromebook and Ipad) hardware support including troubleshooting and repair. Working with vendors to obtain parts for both in-warranty and out-of-warranty devices.
• Install, maintain, administer and update software packages for computer workstations, mobile devices, and all deployed devices.
• Supporting authorized user’s access to the network including creating and managing user accounts and setting permissions in an Active Directory, Google Apps for Education Admin Console and other software management interfaces.
• Liaison for printer maintenance and support. Provide support for network printers and when necessary, act as a liaison for repair of printers.
• Responsible for computer labs devices (computers, laptops, tablets etc.) including software, hardware, remote administration and security.
• Assist in maintaining the district’s inventory of hardware and software
• Involvement with the planning and implementation of special projects
i.e. Manage the dissemination of computer images to upgrade operating systems on workstations.
• Configure computer labs as needed by teachers in district.
• Other duties as assigned by the Network Systems Engineer.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Either:
(a) Successful completion of sixty (60) semester credit hours in a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents grant degrees including completion of twenty-four (24) credit hours in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology or a closely related field; or
(b) Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and two (2) years of experience in support and maintenance of microcomputer and related peripheral equipment; or
(c) An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (a) and (b) above.
SALARY: Management Confidential
Kimberly Nugent, Director of Personnel Development
146 Gettle Road, St. 1
Averill Park, NY 12018
CLOSING DATE: May 30, 2019