The New York State School Boards Association recognizes the week of October 21-25 as School Board Recognition Week. This is a time to promote awareness and understanding of the important work that is performed by school board members.
Averill Park Central School District is joining all public school districts across the state in celebrating School Board Recognition Week to honor local board members for their commitment to the Averill Park community and its children.
“The Averill Park Central School District is very fortunate to have such a knowledgeable and committed Board of Education which gives this community, and its citizens, a strong voice,” Superintendent Dr. Franchini said. “The members of this group work year-round and spend countless hours to make sure that we are doing everything we can to meet the needs of and provide opportunities for every student every day.”
Key work of school boards is to raise student achievement by:
• Creating a shared vision for the future of education
• Setting the direction of the school district to achieve the highest student performance
• Providing accountability for student achievement results
• Developing a budget that aligns district resources to improve achievement
• Supporting a healthy school district culture in which to work and to learn
• And much more!
The members serving our district are as follows:
Jessica Zweig, President (2021)
Peter Schaefer, Vice President (2022)
Jennie Glasser (2020)
Ann Morone (2020)
Chris Foster (2021)
Samantha Hicks (2022)
Meghan McGarry (2022)
The Averill Park Central School District and community would like to thank you and your families for your dedication and commitment to the Averill Park community.