Averill Park CSD Community,
Today the District was informed of four new positive cases of the COVID-19 virus involving three students and one staff member.
We have been in contact with the Rensselaer County Department of Health to conduct contact tracing and anyone who has been identified as a close contact has been communicated with.
Please remember that we must all work together to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Members of our entire school community can assist our efforts by promoting healthy behaviors and adhering to the following practices:
- Know the symptoms of COVID-19 and how to identify them in yourself and others.
- Stay home from school or work if sick, even if the symptoms are mild.
- Wear a face covering
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or sleeve, throw away the tissue in the trash. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are touched often.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid large group gatherings.
While we understand that you would like additional details, we are not permitted by privacy laws to identify students or staff members involved. We have provided as much information as possible. Anyone with questions and/or who needs to report a COVID-19 related health issue should contact the District’s COVID-19 resource person via the dedicated email address (COVIDreporting@apcsd.org).