The Averill Park Central School District held a Board of Education meeting on February 8, 2021 to discuss the plan to use Smart Schools Bond Act grant funds. A 30-day review of the plan is underway.
The Smart Schools Bond Act allocated $2.16 million to the District for technology and security enhancements. Phase 1 purchases totalled $1,085,055 and included:
- Replacement of switches, including cabling, UPS
- Wireless access points, including installation, licensing, cables
- Distance Learning at AMS
- Design and management costs, contingency
Phase 2 spending totalled $925,300 and included:
- Security enhancements
- Cameras and lighting
Phase 3 spending is expected to total $150,452 and includes:
- Chromebooks for elementary school (583 total)
- Provide 1:1 in each of our classrooms in grades 2-4
- Private school allocation
For a slide presentation, click here.
Questions and comments regarding APCSD Phase 3 Smart Schools Investment Plan may be directed to email@example.com