Grade 5 Families:
This week we have a number of updates to share with you…
GRADE 5 PARENT NIGHT – WEDS 5/19 -6:30PM – VIA ZOOM
- Please join us for our Grade 5 Parent Night Program on Wednesday at 6:30pm.
- This approximately 45 minute Zoom session will cover important information about the AMS program.
- This presentation will be recorded for those who cannot attend the live event.
- Below is the Zoom session information for Wednesday:
Webinar ID: 813 8133 7352
BAND, ORCHESTRA AND CHORUS SIGN UP – GOING ON NOW
- At AMS we are proud of our outstanding music program.
- In typical years, almost every AMS student will participate in either Band, Orchestra or Chorus (B.O.C.).
- We encourage you to talk with you child and register them for BOC.
- Please complete this form to let us know your child’s BOC preferences: https://forms.gle/9gs1tRsq4XUeUvNN8
GRADE 5 VIRTUAL VISITS DURING SCHOOL
- This week Dr. Rhode (our assistant principal) and I are meeting with Grade 5 students during school for a virtual orientation to AMS
- In our presentation we share more about AMS, the schedule, the staff, clubs and special activities
- Students are able to ask questions of Mr. Messia, Dr. Rhode and some of our current AMS students, as well
- We hope that these 45 minute sessions help students learn more about the school feel more comfortable about the transition to middle school
VIRTUAL TOUR OF AMS VIDEO
- Last year we created this brief virtual tour of AMS and shared it with families.
- The content remains relevant for students and families and shows the AMS facility so that students can gain more familiarity with our school.
- We encourage you to consider watching this video with your child to learn more about AMS from the Inside:
360 DEGREE PANORAMIC PHOTOS OF AMS
- To help students immerse themselves in our school spaces without actually have the opportunity to tour the building, we created a series of 360 degree panoramic photos of classroom spaces.
- Open each picture individually and you will be able to rotate the image around as though you are standing in the center of the room.
- These images can also be viewed in 3D with VR Viewers or Google Cardboard
- Click on the following link to view the 360 Tour:
- For those students who are taking the Pre-Algebra Entrance Assessment, families will receive an email at 7am on the day of their previously selected assessment day with detailed directions.
- As a reminder, this assessment is virtual and students can take it between 4pm and 7pm on their selected testing date.
We look forward to sharing more information with families in our Grade 5 Parent Night coming up tomorrow. We hope that you can join us.
Have a great rest of the day.
Rob Messia, Principal
Algonquin Middle School