Averill Park CSD Community,
We hope everyone’s summer is off to a great start and that you are finding some well-deserved time to relax with your families. The New York State Department of Health has informed us that, given the current low rate of COVID transmission, their guidance has been updated for summer school.
Based on this guidance, the following protocols will be in place in the District for summer 2021 students and staff.
- Masks must be worn on buses by both vaccinated and unvaccinated students and staff.
- Daily screening for students and staff will continue.
- The 6-foot social distancing guidance will be continued.
Outside on School Property
- Masks are not required to be worn outside on school property by either vaccinated or unvaccinated students and staff.
Inside School Buildings
- Masks must be worn by vaccinated and unvaccinated staff and students whenever moving inside of buildings.
- Masks may be removed by vaccinated and unvaccinated staff and students once seated in the classroom.
- Vaccinated staff not in direct contact with students may choose not to wear a mask inside.
Again, the above only applies to our 2021 summer programs. We are still waiting for guidance from NYS for the start of the new school year in September.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and flexibility.