Averill Park CSD Families,
As stated last week, Governor Hochul met with school superintendents to discuss her desire to keep schools open across the state. As part of her plan, the Governor pledged millions of test kits to provide to school districts through their local BOCES.
At this time, our at-home test kits have been delivered. We have decided to distribute the test kits via parent pick-up, as opposed to sending them home with students. Specifically, our plan for distribution will be as follows:
- Test kits will be handed out to parents from 3-5:30 p.m. on Tuesday (Jan. 4) and 9-11 a.m. on Wednesday (Jan. 5) at Algonquin Middle School.
- Only parents and other people listed as contacts in our student management system can pick up test kits for a student.
- The person picking up the test kits should bring a photo ID.
- You may pick up a test kit for each of your children at the same time.
- Please enter and exit the parking lot as directed in the diagram below.
Please note the following:
- One test kit per student will be handed out. Each test kit has two tests inside the box.
- These are only for students currently attending school in grades K-12. If others in your household require a test, please visit https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/find-test-site-near-you to find a nearby testing site.
Picking up an at-home test kit is voluntary. The use of test kit is also at the discretion of the parent.
As a reminder, anyone who tests positive on a take-home test should immediately report their results to the school and begin isolating. Students testing positive using an at-home test kit must complete a lab-confirmed COVID test. Please visit https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/find-test-site-near-you to find a nearby testing site.
Thank you for your continued patience as health and safety guidance from the state and local health departments continues to evolve.