Parents/Guardians & Students:
The start of the 2022-2023 school is fast approaching and we here at AMS are getting excited for students to join us on Tuesday, September 6!
Here at AMS, we have been working hard to prepare for the upcoming school year and also to make it a memorable and positive experience for everyone.
AMS has a special theme for 2022-2023. This year’s theme is “Be Present, Be Productive, Be Kind,” which highlights the importance of being here, working hard and being a positive member of our school community. We want to help each student achieve their full potential, and we also want our students connected to our school community. To encourage this, we have many activities planned for the year ahead to strengthen the AMS community.
Below is an outline of what to expect in the weeks to come:
Monday, August 22:
- A letter will be mailed out to each student with their Morning Meeting room assignment
- This is the only information students will need to start the school year
- Students will receive their class schedules on the first day of school from their Morning Meeting teacher
Monday, August 29:
- AMS Welcome Back Website
- We are working to build a one-stop webpage with all of the important back to school information
- We will share a link to that site on Tuesday, August 30
- AMS Specific Frequently Asked Questions
- We are compiling a list of questions that families may have for the upcoming school year
- This document will serve as a basic guide to our program for the upcoming school year
- Getting Ready for 2022-23 Video
- Next week we will send out a video message for students and families
- This will include information students need to know about the year ahead at AMS.
- Links to this video and resources will be shared with families via email and social media
Thursday, September 1 (5:00-7:00pm):
- Grade 6 Family Visits
- Families of grade 6 students are encouraged to visit AMS for this fun event
- Click here for a short video and slides about this event
- The APO will be here in the cafeteria with a $1 Stewart’s Ice Cream Sundae Social
- Families who are not able to attend on Thursday evening may stop by the school on Friday, September 2nd from 9am until noon
Tuesday, September 6:
- First day of school!
- Classes will begin at 7:45am
- Students will report to their Morning Meeting Rooms where they will receive their schedule and additional information
Finally, in case you missed it, here is a link to our mid-summer parent communication that was previously shared on August 3. It includes reminders about summer assignments, school supply lists and other important topics.
Thank you for your continued support of our school community. We are looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
Robert Messia, Principal
Algonquin Middle School