Averill Park CSD families,
The Averill Park Central School District will be handing out state-provided at-home COVID-19 test kits at the main office of each school building on Tuesday, August 30, between the hours of 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. One test kit containing two tests will be provided for each student in a household. Families can go to ANY school to pick up enough test kits for their school-aged students. If you would like a test kit, please stop in to receive one.
On Friday, September 9, all students will be sent home with a COVID-19 test kit unless a parent/guardian has declined. If you would like to opt out of receiving one of these free test kits, please fill out this form by Tuesday, September 6.
COVID-19 GUIDANCE RELEASED FOR 2022-23
On Monday, August 22, the New York State Department of Health and Education Department released a joint statement regarding COVID-19 guidance for the upcoming 2022-23 school year.
Here is a link to the letter.
Here is a link to a frequently asked questions document regarding the guidance.
- Students and staff exposed to COVID will not have to quarantine. People who were exposed to COVID-19 should follow CDC recommendations to wear a well-fitting mask for 10 days after the exposure and get tested.
- Students and staff who test positive for COVID-19 should isolate for 5 days at home. Those with symptoms may resume attending school after 5 days if they are fever-free without fever reducing medicine for 24 hours and their symptoms are improving and they wear a mask through day 10.
- Universal masking is not required at this time. Local health departments have authority to implement masking requirements.
- Schools will no longer be required to conduct contact tracing.
- Schools are not required to report daily test results to DOH.
- CDC guidance indicates that people can use the test-based strategy outlined in its isolation guidance to potentially shorten the duration of post-isolation mask use. Please read the FAQ on these points.
As always, the health and safety of our students and staff is a top priority at APCSD. Throughout the pandemic, the District has adhered to protocols set forth by local and state health departments and will continue to do so. Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation.