Important Information for Parents and Students
January 2023 Regents Exams
Tuesday, January 24th – Friday, January 27th
Averill Park High School
There will be normal instruction for all students on Monday, January 23rd. No exams are given on this day.
Information for Exams on Tuesday, January 24th.
- School will be closed, and only students scheduled to take the ELA or Living Environment exams, should attend on this date.
- Buses will be running on their regular schedule. There will not be a midday run, so students must either provide their own transportation at the appropriate time, or if staying at school, remain in the cafeteria. Additionally, afternoon buses will leave school at their regular time, 2:10. If students are still taking exams past that time, they will need to secure their own transportation.
- The cafeteria will be open and offer breakfast from 7:20-8:00 and lunch from 11:30-12:15.
- Students should plan to be at school 15 minutes prior to the start of their exam in order to turn in their cell phones and get to their exam rooms. Morning exams will begin at 8am, and afternoon exams begin at noon.
- When coming in for an exam, students must report directly to the cafeteria and remain there until an announcement is made to report to their exam locations.
- Once students have completed their exams, they must report directly to the cafeteria to wait for appropriate transportation, or they must leave campus immediately. Students may not be in any other part of the building.
Information for Exams Scheduled for Wednesday, January 25th & Thursday, January 26th
- School will be open on these dates, and regular instruction will occur. Students will arrive at school and report to their scheduled class.
- Approximately 15 minutes prior to the start of the exam, those students who are scheduled to take an exam will be directed to report to their exam room.
- If a students’ exam coincides with the time they are scheduled for lunch, they should inform their counselor, and alternative arrangements will be made.
- If students taking afternoon exams require additional time, past the 2:10 dismissal time, they will need to provide their own transportation.
- All exams on these dates will be held in the high school library. If students have testing accommodations and will be in an alternative space, they should report to the library and they will be directed to their assigned separate location.
Information for Exams Scheduled for Friday, January 27th
- School will be closed, and only students scheduled to take the Earth Science Exam should report to school.
- There will be no bus transportation on this day, and students will need to provide their own transportation to and from the exam.
- The cafeteria will be closed, and will not be offering meals.
Information for Votec and New Visions Students for the Week of Regents Exams
- Students will be provided transportation to and from these programs on January 23-26.
- On January 24th, school will be closed. Again, there will not be a midday run, so students must either provide their own transportation at the appropriate time, or if staying at school, remain in the cafeteria. They will not have access to any other parts of the building.
- On Friday, January 27, the high school will be closed for a Superintendent’s Conference Day. VOTEC & New Visions classes have also been canceled on this date. Students should not report to any programs that day.
Keep in Mind:
For Morning Exams: No students may enter the exam room after 10:00 AM
No students may leave the exam room before 10:00 AM
For Afternoon Exams: No students may enter the exam room after 2:00 PM
No students may leave the exam room before 2:00 PM
Regents exams last 3 hours
There are no make-up provisions for students who arrive late or miss an exam
In the Exam Room
No backpacks, cell phones, or other communication devices may be used. Use of these item or any perception of cheating will result in a zero and a forfeited exam. All of these items must be turned off and left either in the cafeteria or in the front of the exam room. Please bring pencils, pens, calculators, and other materials you will need for your exam.
Please Note: If your child is unable to access an exam, or use assigned accommodations, due to transportation issues, please contact your school counselor so that we can make appropriate arrangements.