APHS Students, Parents and Guardians,
As you were made aware, we have now used our last emergency snow day for the 22-23 school year!
In order to preserve instructional continuity, along with vacation days scheduled for April break, there will be the potential that we will need to shift to REMOTE INSTRUCTION, should the weather not allow us to attend school.
Should we expect that there is a possibility of needing to do this, we will communicate ahead of time to both students and staff, so that devices can be brought home, be appropriately charged, and are ready.
If we need to shift to REMOTE INSTRUCTION, we will run the following bell schedule, which is the same one we used in 2020: https://docs.google.com/
spreadsheets/d/ 1hXP8tihE3BCb89tBxyHNUTPJ7NVE- PP62LFVVDRjTI0/edit?usp= sharing
All faculty at APHS maintain an active Google Classroom for each course which they teach. This platform, on a REMOTE day, will allow for easy electronic transmission and sharing of instructional materials between students and staff, as needed.
Guidelines for students to follow for these days are as:
- Follow the remote daily bell schedule. While Advisory is part of the schedule, we will not run it. The day will begin at 9:00 am. Office Hours and Intervention are not necessary, but you may agree to use them with a specific teacher, should you like.
- Synchronous (live) instruction will happen for all classes, for some period of time, during each assigned block. Students are expected to remotely attend all classes with the link(s) provided by each teacher.
- Daily attendance will be taken in Block 1, and for each block/period, and students should be aware that it counts. Students will be considered present if they log in and attend all of each synchronous session for the duration of the session.
- If a student is unable to attend school, as is always the case, parents/guardians should contact the Attendance Office to report the absence at email@example.com
- If one of your teachers is absent on a REMOTE day, the teacher will provide you with asynchronous (not live) work to complete on the same day, via their Google Classroom.
If you have any questions, please contact your teacher, or the high school Main Office at 518-674-7002.