Averill Park High School received notice of two outstanding achievements recently. First, the school was ranked in the Top 10 in the Capital Region by Niche. This week, Advanced Placement (AP) exam scores were released and students did extremely well this year.
“This just serves as yet another example of how hard working our students and faculty at APHS are,” HS Principal Heath Quiles said. “We have a lot to be proud of!”
The AP exam is a standardized test developed by The College Board that measures students’ mastery of AP-related course content. AP exam scores range from 1 to 5 with a score of 3 or higher indicating a student is ready for college-level course work.
We are proud to announce that our students did exceedingly well, scoring well above the state average in the below content areas!
- 100% of our AP Art students received a 3 or better (the state average is 76%)
- 100% of our AP Biology students received a 3 or better (state average = 62%)
- 95% of our AP ELA 11 students received a 3 or better (state average = 74%)
- 78% of our AP ELA 12 students received a 3 or better (state average = 54%)
- 75% of our AP Physics students received a 3 or better (state average = 53%)
- 74% of our AP Government and Politics students received a 3 or better (state average = 47%)
Niche, a prominent school review website, released its 2023 Best Schools and Districts rankings, and the Averill Park Central School District cracked the Top 10 in the Capital Region. APCSD’s high marks ranked it No. 10 while Averill Park High School is also ranked No. 10.
“The Averill Park Central School District is a great place to learn, live in, and work for,” Superintendent Dr. James Franchini said. “This recognition speaks volumes about the hard work and dedication of our faculty, staff, and students. We wouldn’t be able to provide such a great learning environment without the help of the Averill Park Education Foundation, the Booster Club, our school PTAs, and more. It is truly a team effort.”
School districts from across the country are annually graded on academics, diversity, administration, extracurricular opportunities, and more, and Averill Park CSD received an impressive A- grade by Niche. The organization combines user input with data collected from the U.S. Department of Education.