Parents/Guardians & Students:
The start of the 2023-2024 school year is fast approaching and we here at AMS are getting excited for students to join us on Thursday, September 7!
Here at AMS we have been working hard to prepare for the upcoming school year and also to make it a memorable and positive experience for everyone.
AMS has a special theme for 2023-2024. This year’s theme is “Mindful and Motivated.” This theme was selected to emphasize the importance of being aware, calm and focused as we work hard to achieve our personal best. We want to help each student achieve their full potential, and we also want our students connected to our school community. To encourage this, we have many activities planned for the year ahead to strengthen the AMS community.
Below is an outline of what to expect in the days to come:
Morning Meeting Room Assignment Letters Mailed
- Late last week a letter was mailed to each student with their Morning Meeting room assignment
- This is the only information students will need to start the school year
- Students will receive their class schedules on the first day of school from their Morning Meeting teacher
Grade 6 Family Visit
- Thursday, August 31 – 5:00-7:00pm
- Families of grade 6 students are encouraged to visit AMS for this fun event
- The APO will be here in the cafeteria with a $1 Stewart’s Ice Cream Sundae Social
First day of school!
- Thursday, September 7
- Classes will begin at 7:45am
- Students will report to their Morning Meeting Rooms where they will receive their schedule and additional information
Finally, in case you missed it, here is a link to our mid-summer parent communication that was previously shared on August 7. It includes reminders about summer assignments, school supply lists and other important topics. Finally, if you have additional questions, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions Document here.
Thank you for your continued support of our school community.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
Robert Messia, Principal
Algonquin Middle School