E-Books and Audio Books
Sora Reading App by OverDrive
Sora is a new reading and listening app being used by the Averill Park School District. With Sora, students and staff can access a large collection of ebooks and audiobooks for independent, recreational, or teacher-assigned reading. Students can read or listen to these books using a Chromebook, desktop computer, or personal mobile device.
- School computers, ipads, and other devices already have the Sora app downloaded on them. Simply look for the Sora Icon to get started.
- To access on your personal devices, such as home computer, ipad, cell phone, etc, go to https://soraapp.com using a web browser on any computer or device.
- If you are using an Android or Apple mobile device you can also install the Sora app from your device’s app store (links below).
- Choose the drop down: “Find my school.” (choose Averill Park School District)
- Your school Google account will need to be linked the first time you use the app. Now you’re all set!
- Click the Explore tab to search for and borrow a book. Your book will open so you can start reading or listening right away.
- You can keep a book for 14 days. You can checkout up to 3 books at a time. You can place holds on books that are checked out.
- Close the book and go to your Shelf to see all your books. From there, you can:
* Tap Open Book or Open Audiobook to read or listen to a book.
* Tap Options to renew or return the book, get to your notes and highlights, & more.
Download the App to use on your mobile device here:
Links are: Google App Store – https://play.google.com/store?hl=en_US
Apple store – https://www.apple.com/ios/app-store/